Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Ever-growing Belly

We are expecting a baby soon! Our official due date is June 14th. We are very excited! I've wanted to be a mom ever since I was a little girl.

I'm at 37 weeks now which means they say I can go at any time. I'm just starting to "feel" big. My fingers & ankles are retaining water & I get out of breath super easily. People tell me when the baby drops I'll be able to breathe better. My WHOLE torso is baby so I'm not sure where it's going to drop to?! All in all I can't complain though because it's been a good pregnancy. Working at a children's specialty clinic, I see & hear a lot of what goes wrong. Each week that passes I'm very relieved that the baby has stayed in yet another week. The best thing about being pregnant has been feeling the baby kick!

God has been so good to us! I keep hoping & praying that the delivery goes smoothly. Of course I'm a bit nervous, but I think that's pretty normal for all first time moms.

No comments: